Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Review: "A Christian Woman's Guide to Hospitality."

Five out of five stars! *****

I've got to admit that when I picked up this book, I was a little unsure. In my journey to become a homemaker that glorifies my King, I realize than the idea of homemaking in this fashion has become antiquated and unfortunately so has a lot of out resources. And truthfully, the cover looked old and cheesy. Nevertheless, I tried it and it proved that old saying 100% right. You just can't judge a book by it's cover. This book was an inspiration to give unto the Lord the small apartment we love in now and serve those He brings to our doorstep faithfully, not worrying about appearance nor cooking taste, but rather considering our guests "better than ourselves," as Scripture instructs us to. Nevertheless, it encourages every Christian to participate in the ministry of hospitality. It is not only a guidebook, it is a wealth of knowledge on Scripture and what I believe is the Lord's heart on the matter. It also encourages us to pursue the life of the Proverbs 31 woman, mainly in the preparation for the end times. She speaks of learning to barter and stocking up on non-perishables. It really surprised me, but I'm super glad I read it. I can honestly say I learned A LOT. Stay at home mommies and wifeys, this is absolutely a must-read. :)

"A Christian Woman's Guide to Hospitality" by Quinn Sherrer and Laura Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment