Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Proverbs 31: The continual study

It seems as though I am on a continual study of the Proverbs 31 woman and wife. I absolutely love that passage of Scripture because it is a reminder that the Lord values the ministry of a wife and a mother. He has called her as much as any pastor, prophet and apostle and He values the tasks at her right hand. He has even given women our own little guide as to His desires and standards for us regarding this ministry. I believe Proverbs 31 is a beautifully painted picture of a woman who is a wife and a mother and is full of the Holy Spirit. I believe that in as much as I can ask Him what He wants to speak during a preaching, or what He's speaking to someone through prophecy, I can ask Him how He'd like me to keep the home He has entrusted me with, how to manage time & money wisely and how to honor Him by staying at home. I believe He can teach me how to grocery shop on a budget and how to rear our children. Essentially, isn't that what the Proverbs 31 passage is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment