Monday, October 10, 2011

menu plan Oct 10-16


This past week was a great one menu-wise.  We managed to stick with our plan with zero detours. Woop! =) This week is going to be one with a couple new recipes.  This next one coming up has been, by far, the toughest for menu planning.  Publix's deal were okay, nothing spectacular which made for a whole lot harder for menu planning.  Especially since we've run out of a lot of essentials. Hopefully I can get through it as seamlessly as I got through this past week.  But I need to head to the grocery store tomorrow after work, because we didn't get a chance to this past weekend.

I'm having a hard time with lunches.  I'm finding this is probably my biggest challenge, since I need to plan for both Caleb, myself and Aaliya with our varying schedules.  It's gotta be something quick and easy but filling at the same time (and preferably high in protein).  I would love any suggestions ya'll have!

Breakfast
Warm Vanilla Soother/Egg Whites and granola for Aaliya  Gonna give this a try. It's high in protein but I don't have to actually taste (hopefully!) the eggs. Let's pray this is good!
Pancake & Sausage Muffins (x3) I will get a great deal on turkey sausage at Publix this week, so I plan on making a big batch and freezing them!
Cornmeal (x2)
Scrambled Egg Mix and Tortillas Mexican Style! :)


Lunch
Leftovers
Sandwich (x2)
Brown Bag Burritos
That's all I got. :l


Dinner
Cream Cheese Chicken with Broccoli I'm so excited to try this crockpot recipe! If it's good, I'll post it up!
Brown Bag Burritos Yepp, they've become a family (especially Mommy!) favorite
Rice with Gandules and Avocado Salad
Taco Potatoes with Corn and Black Bean Salad
Rice with Pinto Beans and Pollo Guisado Crockpot Recipe; it's a slowly cooked spanish-style chicken
Cream of Pumpkin Soup Again, if it's any good, I'll post the recipe!
BBQ at Schepler's Home on Sunday

What are ya'll cooking up this week?

*this post is linked with Keeper of the Home's Plan-It-Don't-Panic series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment