Sunday, October 2, 2011

menu planning Oct 3-9

This was quite the successful week with meal planning! :)  I am so very excited about continuing this and I've already seen our meal times (and budget) benefit from pre-planning.  This week I managed to make the Mama's Mac and Cheese recipe I picked up, and can I just say... we will never revert back to instant mac and cheese.  It's super easy and so much fun! I also *finally* made the brown bag burritos and they were a huge success.  We ended up having them twice for dinner (Mama wasn't feeling so good Saturday) and once for lunch.  I also sent some to my friend Rachel who just had her baby boy Noah Orion :) And hopefully they enjoyed them as much as we did.  We still have some leftover so we plan on having them for dinner once this week

I will admit, however, I've slacked on baking and haven't fully made the Amish Bread, but fully intend to make a batch Tuesday morning. :l  I've instead made eggs for Aaliya and skipped breakfast myself (eggs make me barf... no it's not mental, it's furreal).  Just a cup of coffee and an early lunch for me.

It's a super simple week.  Like I mentioned last week, financially, my budget was cut in half, so last week's grocery shopping has to last me until at least Friday. :l

Breakfast
Cornmeal (x2) Lots of it this week.  Budget, budget, budget. 
Amish Bread (x2)
Scrambled Eggs
Oatmeal
Waffles

Lunch
Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches (x3) Finally running out of bread... :l  Will probably go to the Farmer's Market to pick up some more. Sandwiches really work
Leftovers (x2)
Hot Dogs with Veggies
After Church Birthday Party on Sunday

Dinner
Rice, Red Beans, Shrimp && Steamed Veggies
Stuffed Chicken Breast w/Sweet Red-Pepper Sauce & Pasta
Chipotle Salad with Mexican Rice
Brown Bag Burritos
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Sunday Dinner out with friends

Snacks
Whatever we can rummage. :l

What are you cooking up this week?

1 comment:

  1. I love menu planning!! Here is mine..just dinners...
    Mon- Chicken Piccatta and veggies
    Tues- Steak fajitas
    wed-Brown Rice with pollo guisado
    Thurs- Country style chicken
    Friday- Homemade pizza
    Sat- Breakfast for dinner ( I love doing this)
    Sun- I have no idea lol

    Love you!!! Thank you for sharing your menu...I think I will steal some ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete