Sunday, April 17, 2011

mary and martha

I am on a mission this week.

Chaos has ruled in my home entirely too long. And it. must. stop.

A great little lady named Sarah Mae over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee wrote a book that has intruigued me. She called it "31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha house the Mary way."

Wait a second...!

I can have a Martha house with the heart of Mary? Is that even possible?

Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and forsook the mundane! Martha was obsessive compulsive in her heart of service and forgot the man whom she was serving.

Wait... I can have both?

Yes, please. Where do I sign?

No, but seriously. I struggle with this.

You know, being the wholehearted lover of Jesus who sits at His feet all day. Who forsakes everything else just to be with Him. Oh, wait... The baby's gotta eat. Oh and there's laundry. Oh and hubby's coming home... Gotta make the bed and look presentable, and make sure dinner's ready.

Oy. It seems the Martha syndrome comes with marriage and children. Yet my heart yearns for the heart of Mary.

Hence, the chaos.

But, I know I can do both. I can be both! He has called me to this according to His good purpose. So I know I can do it. After all, I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

So this week, I fully intend on leaning and gleaning from His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment