Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the kingdom belongs to the little children

"From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength Because of Your adversaries, To make the enemy and the revengeful cease." -- Psalm 8:2

I know, I know.  I've started a post this way already. But, oh well.

Today is my prayer room day.  The day I spend two hours (at least) praying alongside other believers on behalf of families.  It is such a glorious day.

Today however was extra special.  It was like morning dew after a season of drought.  And it came by way of a sassy, adorable, hysterical little man named Aiden Samuel.

Aiden is one of the funniest two year olds I've ever met.  From asking for coffee from our missions base director (he was quite legit while asking for it too!) to doing some kind of tribal ankle grabbing dance during worship today, he is quite the personality and quite the amazing little man.

The amazing thing about Aiden is that his mommy and daddy work as intercessors for the Orlando House of Prayer and they do quite an awesome job at training him Deut 6 kinda way.  Just saying. ;)

So, today during our prayer set, towards the end of it, I was walking with Aiden and we were praying for the United States and for mercy (he is such a fiery intercessor!) when suddenly I felt a nudge to dance unto the Lord with Aiden. 

Uhm?!

Ok God.

So I ask him if he wanted to dance and he, with an excitement only a two year old can have about making total goofs of ourselves for Jesus, said YES! :)

So, we start dancing. And twirling (okay, his version was a man-twirl, he is after all a dude).  And getting lost in the Presence of Jesus.  And then suddenly I find myself really engaging and dancing with a liberty I hadn't done in quite a while.

And then, our prayer leader J. Johnson, asks that everyone gets in small groups and starts praying for one another.  So we do, and Aiden prays for us all.  And of course we pray for him.

Nothing spectacular happens then, but we keep dancing.  And then, I hear it!  That song I woke up singing.  The one's He's been embedding in my heart for a while.  The one He's using to bring out the boldness I so often lack.

"I've got a river of life flowing out of me, makes the lame to walk and the blind to see, opens prison doors, sets the captives free... I've got a river of life flowing out of me."

And then, something glorious happens.  His Spirit begins to move and minister in the room!  We went a few minutes over our set but for 30 straight minutes, we sing that chorus and then some and I know that God is moving; ministering freedom and liberty to the hungry of heart.

I was am hungry of heartHe ministered to me.

All because a two year old worshipped freely.  With liberty.  Without restraint or fear of man.  I believe the Lord used Aiden's worship today to bring in a movement of His spirit.  

After all, don't we have to be like little children to enter into the Kingdom?

2 comments:

  1. those little nudges from the Lord sometimes crack me up. i love the reaction: "uh...huh?" and then obey. it's all about trusting His plan, even in the little things like dancing with a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a wonder how He uses little ones in purr lives. Great post and an encouragement to freely worship.

    ReplyDelete