|My little girl is 7 years old.|
"I get the feeling that something life-changing just happened. Not sure all of what it is. But I sense something was birthed today. I'm excited to see what it is."
I became a Mama, not by biology but by a covenant of love. My womb didn't carry her and I didn't have the privilege to bring her into this world. But I'm her Mama. My sweet Grace has the beauty of having two Mamas, and I am privileged enough to be one of them. I didn't have nine months of bonding before I met her. I don't have the scars to prove she's mine, but mine she is. I never got to see her crawl for the first time, or walk for the first time, but my heart has been there, every step of the way. I get to share her and keep her all to myself in one glorious swoop. Grace is my love and nothing can ever change that. Many don't understand it and probably never will, and truthfully I'm ok with that. You don't have to understand how I became a Mama or how that day seven years ago gave me the gift of motherhood-- but I know it did.
So, in honor of Grace's* seventh birthday, here are seven things I absolutely love you about sweet girl!
1. You, sweet Grace carry a servant's heart. In everything you do, you live Phillipians 3 and look to the good of others above your own. Whether you're interacting with your brother and sister, your friend or a complete stranger, I love the way Jesus shines through you in this way!
2. I love your wide range of interests. I love that you can go from playing dress-up and tea parties with 'Cole, to rumbling and tumbling soccer with Daddy, to coloring and drawing pictures for Mommy all in a day's work.
|She was most def MVP in her little soccer league. Averaged 4 goals a game!|
3. I am convinced Jesus gave Cole and Daddy another baby (no, this is not a pregnancy announcement, I'm talking about Justice) because of what an amazing big-sister you are. I think Haven is your reward sweet girl. You are the best big sister in the world. Your patience and kindness towards your siblings is absolutely beautiful and outstanding.
|Clearly, Liberty loves you very much!|
|Grace holding Justice.|
She couldn't wait until he got up! :)
4. I love the way you love. I love the way you fiercely love your Daddy and protectively love your Mommy. It is evident by the way you speak about them and pray for them that your Mommy and Daddy are the light of your life. And that your desire is to fulfill the 4th commandment-- to honor your Father & Mother. I can tell you this Grace, you will indeed have a long life.
|Grace with her Daddy and Liberty for Liberty's 2nd Birthday|
|Grace out on a Daddy-daughter date|
5. I love your goofiness and silliness. I love that we can jump in front of the camera and make funny faces all day long. I love that we can put on a dance party and dance all silly together.
6. I love that you're both a little girl and a young lady. You have lived so much life at the young age of seven, but you have adapted and always smiled and loved your way through. Your maturity is well beyond your years, but you still maintain that childlike innocence that is incredibly rare to see.