Tuesday, October 23, 2012

When it feels like Monday...

It feels like Monday today.  And it looks like Monday in our home.  It's one of those discouraging days as a mom and homemaker (hey, I'm just being honest here).  I fell asleep unbelievably early yesterday (umm, I'm overestimating if I say 800p, I actually fell asleep *with* Liberty at around 730 as I was putting her to bed) and I'd been out most of the day.  The weekend was a blur because our little man, Justice decided to bust through two teeth at once. So, needless to say, I hadn't gotten much sleep.

So, waking this morning I had high hopes and great expectations for a productive day. Funny how those days are the days our children decide they want to un-cooperate with everything.  Justice is still weepy, wanting Mommy. Liberty's getting into everything and overall disobeying everything Mommy has to say.  Ah. It's just one of those days a Venti Pumpkin Spice Caramel Latte just can't fix... and that's a big deal.

But now, both my babies are quietly asleep.  They are dreaming about Jesus and Mommy's sitting, resting, and asking Jesus for an attitude adjustment.  I've determined that nap time is "oil" time.  I've purposed in my heart that no matter the disaster that is our home, nap time has to be resting time-- I have to lean into the Almighty during that time.  I want to develop the habit of waking up early, before my children (which means like 6am) but I'm not there yet, and I can't wait until I have it together perfectly to set aside that time. I just can't afford to.  I'm not a good person without abiding in the Vine.  I'm pretty crummy actually.

"Sit down for a little while, what's the hurry anyway? You can't do anything without abiding in Me."   
--prayer room song



And while I'm begging Jesus for grace and mercy on this, not-so-good-feels-like-Monday-Tuesday, He reminds me of His Word. 

"For the Lord God is a Sun and a Shield; the Lord bestows [present] grace and favor and [future] glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withold from those who walk uprightly."  -Psalm 84:11 (AMP)

Present Grace. Future Glory.  His Grace covers me today, when I'm not supermom, superwife or superwoman at all.  All I have to do is sit down, abide in Him and receive the grace I'm unworthy to receive but He freely gives anyway. 

So, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll unplug now and do just that. 

Agape, 


No comments:

Post a Comment