Monday, April 26, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I must say, I don't think I've ever walked out of the grocery store so happy, ever! =) I went grocery shopping this past Friday. We've been dining out a lot, and I want to continue to save as much money as possible for the arrival of our little Princess. The plan is for me to stop working and I can't quite do that if our needs won't be met. I want to be a good steward of our money, and although the ocassional dine-out is no big, we were just a little outta control. LOL. Anyways, I went to Publix (I refuse to grocery shop at Wal-Mart) and wouldn't you know it their sales were absolutely phenomenal!! I was able to buy Cascadian Farms Organic Cereal for $1.99 which is unheard of, as well as BOGO's on other types of organic cereals for Caleb. We also were able to purchase organic frozen lunches for Caleb for work at $2.00 each. The organic lettuce was also BOGO, so I got two for the price of one. All Seventh Generation Cleaning Products were reduced by 25% so I stocked up pretty good and I was able to do most of my shopping in an eco-friendly way. Caleb and I really value organic food as something worth spending money on (it's more of an investment to us and our health) however, due to financial challenges haven't been able to fully go organic for a while. Thanks to Publix off Good Homes in Orlando, we were able to buy mostly organic foods and still stick within our budget. =) It's really interesting that it happened this week as well, since my friend Mary Jo (http://www.covenanthomemaking.com/) and I were discussing the challenges of buying organic on a budget, but the amazing deals she finds in the small town in Virginia she lives in. Wouldn't ya know it, I was totally blessed this week and was able to purchase what we were looking for at great prices! I was so excited I called Caleb and told him all about it. He definitely didn't share as much excitement, but was glad I was able to stick to budget and bring home healthy food! I'm actually headed out the door to stock up on a couple more items so that we don't need to get them for a while!

PS.
Mary Jo from http://www.covenanthomemaking.com/ is having a giveway on her page on Cascadian Farm Organic Foods. That's another way you could save on grocery shopping this month! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment