Tuesday, September 13, 2011

He is the potter, I am the clay; a song of praise admist a sea of thunder


It has been quite a breaking few weeks.  Little Avery is a member of our Church family who has been fighting for his life since the womb.  K. Steffens passed away last Saturday after a devastating fight with cancer.  The Johnson family, one of our dearest friends are moving away about 2,000 miles away. (Leaving us. Here. Alone. So alone... hehe. Hope you're reading this Jess!)

Sometimes it just feels like our world is crumbling.  Too much too soon, so to speak.  Seems like some measure of brokeness meets me no matter which way I turn. 

And at first, I was angry, hurt.  Then, I became complacent and accepting.  Now I feel like rejoicing.  It seems Christ, in His mercy, desires our eternal good more than our earthly good, and although I can't explain to 15 year old Felipe, whose best friend was his father, why he passed, I can rejoice in knowing that Romans 8:28 surrounds him and all of us.  I can't explain to Jenny why her son has to fight for his life (with Christ leading the way) but I can rejoice remembering that He is our deliverer both to life and from death and He has made everything beautiful in its time. 

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." --Romans 8:28 


I often hear the excuse that too many bad things happen in this world for someone to believe or to trust in God.  Oh, but if we could just see the eternal perspective we would rejoice and praise that these events take place for our chastening and our good.  He truly is Sovereign and not a sparrow falls to the ground without His knowing and His approval. I can trust that He will bring all things to His good purposes and that He will not fail me.

Glory to God in the Highest! May the Son of God live forevermore and be exalted in this weak and trembling heart!

I encourage you today.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Praise in the storm.  Dance in the storm.
Acknowledge and embrace Him in the storm.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled over onto your blog, and I must say that your words are always so encouraging and honest! I definitely needed these today :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete