Sunday, September 18, 2011

menu plan and an update of week one.

Week two of menu-planning and I've got to say... I'm already loving the money-saving bits and pieces.  I went grocery shopping today and spent $85 and got *everything* we needed. (Woo-Hoo!)  This included more fresh and fruits and veggies than we've had in quite the while and enough meats and snacks to get us through the week. 

Even though I'm excited about this coming week, I didn't exactly follow the full menu plan this past week.  I had to improvise one night (or two) because of a Memorial Service (always a bummer) and then it's been absolutely hectic the past week around these parts (which means a very, very messy house) so a couple of the meals I was oober excited about trying, I didn't.  And honestly, as usual, I think I tried to take on too much at once.  This week, our menu-plan is a little more familiar, a little more modest but a whole lot yummier. :)

I did however try and make the Honey Muffins and the Homemade Corndog Muffins. The corndogs were pretty good.  Aaliya enjoyed them a lot which is always a bonus for Mama! The honey muffins on the other hand... Well, let's just say, I'm pretty positive I missed some kind of ingredient because they were salty as all-get-up. Yeahhh.

Anyway, here is the menu for this coming week.  It should be a pretty calm week, outside of the usual work, prayer room hours and Aaliya's got an appointment to get blood drawn (poor baby!) Thursday.  Okay, so not so calm, but calmer.

Breakfast
- Cornmeal (x2)
- Waffles (x2) (I got a great deal on Van's Organic Waffles this week at Publix, so they'll be great for quick bfasts)
- Scrambled Eggs
- Amish Friendship Bread (x2)

Lunch
- Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches (x3)
- Tuna Fish Sandwiches (x2)
- Hotdogs and Raw Veggies
- Sunday Lunch with Church Family
(I got a great deal on homemade bread at the Farmer's Market last week, so I bought 3 loaves and froze two of them.  We'll be having sandwiches a lot over the next few weeks. Hehe)

Dinner
- Crab Enchiladas with Mexican Rice
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Garlic, Pepper and Tomato Penne-Pasta
- Chili & Cornbread (Hoorahh for Fall!)
- Baked Potatoes with Chicken & Vegetables (Crockpot Dish.  I just cut up potatoes, chicken, and veggies, season to taste and let them sit in the crockpot all day.  Super-easy!)
- Chipotle Salad (My version of it.  I'll write a post about it soon)
- Mashed Potatoes with BBQ Chicken and Salad
- Bean Burritos (We're normally still full from our lunch with Church Family)

Snacks
- Nuts, Fruits, Granola and Cold Cereal (Hubbers' Fav!)

What are you cooking up in the kitchen this week?

this post is linked up with Keeper of the Home's Plan-It Don't Panic series

No comments:

Post a Comment