Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a [late] menu plan

It's catch-up day in the Arrazolo household (web-wise at least).  It's no secret life's been slightly crazy and busy these last few weeks.  During my transition to becoming a working mom and homemaker, I think I'm getting a pattern down, but it's leaving less room and time for blogging and such.  I promise I will get back into the swing of things eventually.

I'm loving this menu-planning business.  This week our grocery budget was cut in a little more than half and my first instict (truhfully) was to panic.  However, after an hour of Copeland, FM Static and various worship artists, I was finally able to figure out a menu that would accomodate our budget.  In the past, this would've never worked.  I would have panicked; cried; yelled; and etc etc. Seriously.  I would've made the exact same two meals just because it was all we had.

I can now (proudly) say that through the art of cutting corners (in such fabulous ways!) we are eating well and with somewhat of a variety this week.  One of the ways I discovered cutting corners (besides couponing! woo-hoo) is making things from scratch.  Granted, ya'll may have been doing this for years, but I grew up in an instant sort of family.  This is all new to me.  And may I say, I love it!

This week was a little hectic (what else is new?) because my friend Rachel was in labor Monday and Tuesday and I was in the hospital with her both days.  Monday I ended up making an instant-dish that was quick and easy and Tuesday Caleb sadly fended for himself.  I didn't leave the hospital till about 10p that night.  But what a joy!  I find that having a back-up "instant" dish is a great help for us because in times like this past week when I was beyond exhaustation and it was super late, we still ate a decent meal without a great deal effort.  It's what works for our family. :)  Anyway, without further adeau, here's our week's menu (including what he had yesterday and Monday)
Breakfast
Cornmeal (x3)  It's very affordable, easy and the family loves it
Eggs with Sliced Turkey, Cheese and Salsa
Amish Friendship Bread (x2)
Waffles Today's breakfast

Lunch
Leftovers
Tuna Sandwiches Yepp, I still have bread. Lots of it
Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches

Dinner
Chipotle Salad
Vegetable Soup Helloooooo Fall! :)
Tomato Basil Chicken with Garlic Noodles One of hubby's favorite.  He's having a rough day, so I'm gonna surprise him tonight! :)
Brown Bag Burritos
Arroz with Gandules and Salad  Puertorican Signature Dish... yeahhh
Mama's Mac and Cheese w/Crabcakes and Salad
Open Sunday Dinner

Snacks
Cold Cereal
Fruits

What are ya'll eating this week?

this post is linked to Keeper of the Home's Plan-It-Don't-Panic Series

No comments:

Post a Comment