Friday, May 6, 2011

creating a mission statement

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean

Ok, I have another secret.

I didn't really keep up with the challenge this week. Our computer had a mini-melt down and I'm sleep training Aaliya.

Blehh, failure, once again.

But, I did get the opportunity to do the first day (hoorah, me?) and I gotta say doing that alone affected the remainder of my week.

The e-book starts off by encouraging us to create a mission statement. It can be a mission statement as an individual, a homemaker, a wife... Just create a mission statement.

The purpose of such was to be able to weed out the important from the seeming important. Ironically enough, I'd been wanting to work through the e-book found in the "Inspired to Action" website/blog entitled Mission Statement for Moms.

Ding ding ding!

Perfect timing! (Mind you, I thought the e-book would be much longer than it was, which was a pleasant surprise)

So I worked through it and I created a mission statement... But why a mission statement?

"A mission statement is a formal, short, written statement of the purpose of a company, organization or individual. The mission statement should guide the actions of the organization or individual, spell out its overall goal, provide a sense of direction, and guide decision-making."

The e-book (by the way, the Mission Statements for Moms one is free!) encourages you to write down your roles, prioritize those roles and set goals. It also talks about how this should be posted somewhere you can look at it regularly and learn to tweak it as seasons in life change. This is what I came up with... so far.



"I will love the Lord with all my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength and be rooted and grounded in His love.
I will be a wife who is submissive, honoring and consistently a helpmate to Caleb.
I will be a mom who trains her children up in the ways of the Lord and who models love, servanthood and intercession.
I will be devoted to prayer, fasting and justice by the art of intercession, setting my eyes on things above, being content in the secret place.
I will be an organized, creative, constant and hospitable homemaker."




What about you? If you had to write out a mission statement... What would it say?

No comments:

Post a Comment