Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lavender Pancakes Recipe

Having Caleb home yesterday was such a sweet treat! Even though we didn't celebrate Independence Day in an outstanding way, it was so sweet to see Aaliya spending time with her Daddy all day long.

So, yesterday for brunch (I got to spend a little *extra* time with Jesus yesterday, PTL!) I decided to make pancakes and Caleb's favorite shake. And then, I decided to get adventurous. And the result was pretty yummy lavender pancakes! I love baking with lavender! It is such a yummy herb to eat and to sniff. Anytime I cook/bake with it, my home is automatically naturally aromatized! :)

Since I like ya'll so much, I decided to share the recipe!

Lavender Pancakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tbls of lavender buds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(You can also use pancake mix if you so choose to-- it's just as yummy!)

1.In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla and lavender; mix until smooth.

2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Voila! Enjoy!





*This post is linked with Titus2esday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love trying new pancake recipes. Did Caleb like them too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I found you through Raising Homemakers. Thanks for the delicious-sounding recipe. I'm sure my pancake-loving daughter will love these!

    ReplyDelete