Monday, April 9, 2012

why behind the what-- what?

I have to admit.

This whole Challenge thing is so not my thing. I've been very un-motivated to do anything about anything when it comes to health and fitness.

Part of it is that I don't have any real goals or motivation for establishing them.  I mean, my body is so not my own at this moment and losing weight and looking good is just not a part of the upcoming mojo, if you know what I mean...

But, I am so unbelievably incorrect Scripturally.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 
-- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul." 
--3 John 2

Yepp. Any personal opinions or preferences now go out the window.  So, what's still stopping me?  Nothing, in essence-- and yet everything.  

M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N

I'm sure you can't relate... At all. 

Here is a list that I will write out and place somewhere[s] I can see it daily.  I have quite a few reasons to join the challenge and commit to living healthy and place nutrition and fitness in a position of esteem.  Here's my list. Will you share yours?

  1. Because the Bible tells me so-- Do I really need any additional motivation besides bringing glory to my God in the body which He's given to me to steward (any one else failing at this?)? 
  2. Because I am a vessel of life-- I may not be able to set a realistic and healthy goal of weight loss, but because I have been privileged to carry life within my body, the same concept [once again] is established before me. I am not my own. I need to choose healthy for the sake of this little man I'm carrying. 
  3. Because I am an example to my children--  I have been designed to be one of the greatest influences in my children's lives.  Whether they're 2 or 20, I am, in fact, an intense influence and example to them; in every way. So, if I don't lead and teach them by example, is it fair or right that I expect them to eat the veggies I set before them or lead the healthy lifestyle I desire for them?  I would say no. Jesus went first to the cross, then required that we join him in it.  This isn't even a sacrifice [okay, maybe at first it is], it's something that will make us feel soooo much better in the long run. 
  4. Because my husband's passion and his business is based on it!-- I am my husband's helpmate. By design, creation and desire I am to support him and join him in every life adventure. Fitness and health is one of the passions Jesus has designated in his heart, so I should do everything in my ability to join him in that and support him.  I can't exactly do that by living a sedentary life and eating chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch and dinner... 
  5. Because deep down inside, I want the benefits of it-- My head knows the benefits of healthy living. Of drinking more water, of eating healthy, of exercising. My head really knows it. I promise.  I even crave some of the benefits... like more energy, overall health (getting rid of allergies anyone?) and knowing that I'm being a good steward of this body.  So, then-- what's stopping me? Oh yeah, myself. I really do want the benefits that healthy living provides. Soo, here goes nothing. :) 
Hope you enjoyed my little rant and rave on motivation.  Will you share with me your motivation? 


No comments:

Post a Comment